Website Triple D Nursing & Home Care Ltd
Reliable Health Care Recruitment Company
Salary : Negotiable ( based on your experience )
Experience : 2-3 + Years of Experience
As a RGN nurse we expect you to care for patients suffering from a variety of health conditions, ranging from minor injuries and ailments to acute and long-term illnesses and diseases. You will have to support recovery by using care plans, carrying out care procedures and assessments, and evaluating and focusing on the needs of the patient rather than the illness or condition.
You will get to work within a multidisciplinary team but are the main point of contact for patients, often providing the most consistent care. You may have contact with the patients’ families, particularly in cases of chronic illness where the patient may be returning regularly for treatment.
As an adult nurse or RGN Nurse, you’ll need to:
- Gain the trust and confidence of each patient
- Write patient care plans
- Implement plans for tasks such as preparing patients for operations, treating wounds and monitoring pulse, blood pressure and temperature
- Observe and record the condition of patients
- Check and administer drugs and injections
- Set up drips and blood transfusions
- Assist with tests and evaluations
- Carry out routine investigations
- Respond quickly to emergencies
- Plan discharges from hospital and liaise with GPs and social workers
- Reassure patients and their relatives and communicate effectively with them
- Advocate on behalf of patients
- Educate patients about their health – this may include running clinics and education sessions on topics such as diabetes, weight loss and quitting smoking
- Organise staff and prioritise busy workloads
- Mentor student and junior nurses
- Maintain patient records
- Make ethical decisions related to consent and confidentiality.